How To Quickly Mirror A Device On Your TV Easy
I have discovered that whenever friends and also family members (people in general) come to my house and see me mirror a device screen to the TV wirelessly, they usually ask me how I did it and also wonder if their phones can do it too. They wonder how I connected my phone to my TV in such a way that anything showing on my phone also shows on TV. So I decided to write a post about this considering that there are many people who don’t know how to do this.
In this post, I’m not just going to show you how you can mirror your smartphone’s display to your TV. I’m also going to show you how you can easily mirror your laptop display and youtube video to your TV.
Before we begin, there are just a few things you need to check wether you have :
- Make sure you have a smart TV. You can also use a Miracast streaming device like Chromecast, Roku players or Amazon Fire TV.
- Check whether your system has Miracast technology. Do you know how to check for this? If you don’t know, continue reading to find out how to check.
- An Android smartphone. An iPhone can also do this but the only drawback is that iPhones will only connect to Apple TVs.
How to mirror/cast your Android’s screen to your TV
This is a very easy and straightforward process, just follow the steps below:
- Go to settings or swipe down the notifications tab.
- Search for “Cast” or “Screen mirror”. It’s called cast in some devices while in others it’s called screen mirror (keep this in mind). Whichever name yours is called, just select it and wait for it to search for your TV or streaming device.
- When you see the name of your smart TV/streaming device among the search options, select it. Wait for it to connect. If the search is not bringing up any results and you’re sure that your smart TV/streaming device is turned on, check the cast/screen mirror settings. Enable wireless connection if it wasn’t enabled before. You should see your smart TV/streaming device after this step. Select it and wait till it connects.
NOTE: If you can’t find the cast/mirror option on your Android device, then you can check this post out to know how you can use an app to mirror your screen to your TV.
How to mirror/cast your PC screen to your TV
As I said before, in order for you to mirror your PC screen, you must check whether your PC has Miracast technology.
To check whether your PC has Miracast technology, use any one of these steps:
- Enter windows + R key => type cmd and enter => in cmd, type netsh wlan show drivers => scroll down and look for Wireless Display Supported: Yes. If you see this, then it means your PC has Miracast technology.
- Enter windows key + P. If you can see “Connect to a wireless display”, it means your PC has Miracast technology.
The moment you confirm that your PC has Miracast technology. You can now proceed with the following steps to mirror your PC screen to your TV
On your windows desktop, go to settings.
In your windows settings, click on System.
In the display options, look for “Connect to a wireless display” and click on it.
Select the name of your TV or streaming device and wait for it to connect.
After projecting successfully, you can change the projection mode according to your preference.
How to cast a YouTube video to your TV
I think by now you must have come across an icon that displays cast anytime you are on YouTube watching a video. With just a click of that cast icon, you can also mirror any video that is playing on YouTube to your smart TV.
NOTE: In order to cast a YouTube video to your smart TV screen, you need to connect both devices to the same WiFi network.
If everything is in order, then follow these simple steps to cast a YouTube video to your TV
- Click on the cast icon and wait for it to search for your TV/streaming device.
- Click on the name of your TV/streaming device and wait for it to connect.
- When it connects , you can then stream any youtube video to your TV
If you successfully mirrored your smartphone screen or PC screen after reading this post, congratulations. But if you can’t seem to mirror your device after following these procedures, please leave a comment stating your difficulties below for assistance.
Kindly share this post on your social media accounts for others to learn how to do this too.
To be notified on more useful posts like this, enter your email address and subscribe.
- The top 10 best budget smartphones to buy right now
- See the best ways to buy & sell Bitcoins in Nigeria
- Comparison Between The Infinix S4 And The Huawei Y7 (2019)
- Comparison between the Infinix S4 and Nokia X5: specs & price
- See The Specifications Of The New Samsung Galaxy A80
If you have any useful tip to add on this post or any question/inquiry please leave a reply below.